About this site
If you have a general enquiry or a question about a current passport application, contact us using the enquiry form.
Passports.govt.nz is a New Zealand government website
The information and forms on this site are provided to help New Zealand citizens:
- apply for their first New Zealand passport
- renew their New Zealand passport, and
- apply for an emergency travel document if they are already outside of New Zealand.
This site also helps non-citizens to apply for a travel document if they are unable to get a passport from their country of citizenship.
Passports.govt.nz is managed and maintained by the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA).
Linking to Passports.govt.nz
If you want to link to this site, follow the linking guidelines:
- When someone clicks on a Passports.govt.nz link on your website, they must view the site full screen, not within a frame. Using frames to display Passports.govt.nz is not permitted.
- You or your website must not misrepresent your relationship with Passports.govt.nz or refer to Passports.govt.nz as a ‘partner site’ unless you have express and written permission to do so.