New Zealand passports | Uruwhenua Aotearoa

The Department of Internal Affairs | Te Tari Taiwhenua


Getting help to fill in your paper application

You should complete the form yourself, if you are able to do so

When applying for a New Zealand passport, Certificate of Identity Travel Document or Refugee Travel Document, you should fill in the form yourself, using your own handwriting.

For child passport applications, a parent or legal guardian should complete the form on their child’s behalf. A parent must sign the consent to issue a child passport.

If you cannot fill in the form yourself

If you cannot fill in this form yourself because you have a disability or language difficulty, someone else can fill in the form for you. This person must complete the section ‘Statutory Declaration’. You must then sign your own form in the section ‘Your Applicant Declaration’, if you are able to do so.